March 27, 2013

Twiggy


Twiggy, she has always been a muse for me. I have been digging up images of the fashion she sported. I am contemplating designs and the fashion of the 60's is informing me right now. Advancements in textiles brought about the use of synthetic fabrics in fashion during that era. I am not a fan of synthetics. I see the merits of their durability and can tolerate their use in small percentages. I would much rather use natural fibers to produce my  garments, my skin and my conscious agree. Using reclaimed fabrics helps to ease my conscious about the use of synthetics. So needless to say you won't find me using double knit gaberdine polyester fabric to produce these new designs. I will be using factory waste/sample fabrics, specifically some 100% merino knit I got my little twitchy fingers on. The designs may only be garments for my self. There is a chance I might put something in to production. Anyways I am going to try to blog my progress.