September 19, 2018

Creativity


So there I am in line at the grocery store and there from the magazine rack is Albert staring back at me. He was on the cover of National Geographic a special edition on Genius. I read it cover to cover when I got home. There is a list:
How Creative Are You?
Creative people have minds that stretch, allowing them to make connections between disparate concepts. Creativity is not a single entity. Instead, it is a mix of numerous attributes, from curiosity to risk-taking. If you answer "yes" to most of the 10 questions below, consider yourself a creative soul.

  1. Do you have a curious mind and ask a lot of questions?  (Like why did that happen or is that not working? How can I fix it?)
  2. Are you open to new experiences?  (I do tend to get board, so new is good)
  3. Do you like to take risks?  (Educated ones yes.)
  4. Do you carry a notebook to jot down bursts of inspiration?  (I have notebooks stashed everywhere. Pulse I use the note app on my phone and then there is the sharpie on the window when I am home and having big frantic thoughts)
  5. Do you daydream?   (Does not everyone, why else would I own a hammock?)
  6. If at first you don't succeed, are you willing to try, try again?  (I just thought is was bloody stubborn mindedness.)
  7. Do you have a rebellious spirit?  (Best not to tell me I can't do something. I will show you I can.)
  8. Do you catch yourself thinking, "I what would happen if..."?  (All the freaking time.)
  9. Is your workspace messy?  (You mean the creative chaos that surrounds me?)
  10. Are you highly sensitive to the world around you?   (I think we call that being an empath.)
I did giggle after reading this list...not so much because I answered yes to all but because I thought well does not everyone operate like this?