March 22, 2013

Dollies

The first of the children's Dollies

People would often ask me if they thought my Little Felted Guys would be suitable for a toddler. I always say "Um, no they are sturdy but not that sturdy, and perhaps a bit pricey for a doll that a toddler would destroy." Several years ago a friend had asked me to make a cloth doll for an adult friend of hers. A few years later I was nanny to a little guy and decided to rework the Dollie seeing that I had the perfect person to test out the durability and play potential. He dragged the Dollie around and chewed on her and cuddled her. She held up well so I decided to make a few more. I took them down to Ainsworth to see if they would sell. My intent had been these Dollies would be for children and the Little Felted Guys would be for adults. Many adults have bought the Dollies for themselves or other adults that collect art dolls but, when a Dollie is intended for a child, Karin at Ainsworth is always excited to tell me a little person got one. This makes me smile.


test run on his own
test run on production